Monday, November 3, 2008

NanoWriMo

For those of you who do not know, NanoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month, an insane endeavor crazy people undertake every November 1. Participants have until the last day of November to write a novel of 50,000 words. Now, 50,000 words does not a novel make in the real world, more like a novella, but it is a good goal.

If you write 1,666 words a day, every single day, you will reach your goal easy. But my experience has been that it is impossible to do this. Something will always keep you from writing every single day, whether it be the flu or the evil God of procrastination. So far, I'm doing great.
I have 4,000 words at the moment and my goal is to reach 6,000 today. I'm not sure what I will have at the end will make a whole lot of sense, but hey, I'm doing it anyway.

If you are doing NanoWriMo 2008, drop me a line and let me know how you're doing!

No comments: